Sunday, December 12, 2010

I love Bleach... and dachsunds.

Weird, huh?!  But look what it can do to t-shirts!!!  I mixed water and bleach, about 1/2 and 1/2 and then took some regular paint brushes and painted away.  My only suggestion would be to NOT leave the paint brushes in the bleach/water combo to wait for your return, because you will come back to no bristles on your wooden stick that used to paint things!
I got an old green v-neck shirt and I painted a tree on it.  I grabbed a pink shirt and painted some flowers.  The bleach make the fabric on the pink shirt turn white and then the green shirt go brown.  I didn't take any decent pictures of the pink one because it was taking forever to dry.



My gorgeous sister, Dani, has 3 Dachsunds.   On the left is a picture I stole from her Facebook account of 2 of her dachsunds.  The third dachsund that is not pictured is a lovely example of a black and tan dachsund.    At any rate, Dani found these wonderful things, called snuggle sacks, but didn't know how to go about making one...  Never fear, Dani!  Your crazy crafter sister is here!  I found some really awful upholstry fabric and then also bought some really cheap fleece on Black Friday, whipped it together, threw in a little cotton quilt batting and there we go!  Below is the Abby-made "snuggle sack."  It's much bigger than what it looks like in the picture.  It's about the size of a pillow case.  I hope her grogs love it!

I will be updating soon in regards to Doll # 2 that has brown hair and a blue, poofy, dress as well as a new snuggle sack.  Apparently the dachsund not pictured is a wee-bit concerned about her personal space and will need her own "snuggle sack."  Sorry, Princess Lulu Wellington III, I should have known.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I have always wanted to try using bleach that way! Now I doubly want to try it.