Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OUR FIRST OFFER... an experience in and of itself.

 You could say that Dave and I are particularly thorough, and you would be right!  Dave and I have been house hunting for some time now... and there is really only one that we liked.  We thought other houses were okay and liveable, but not a basket we wanted to put all our eggs in.  On our first trip out to see houses, we saw this beauty... third on the list.  I think it was love at first sight.  Well, maybe not love, it's a house for goodness sake!  But, in terms of houses, this one is a gem in the rough. 






We think it's got everything we're looking for.  It's 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, full semi-finished basement, great neighborhood, great yard, great windows and the list goes on.
 The good part was that, like all houses, it has it's issues... but the issues with this house are all minor cosmetics.  It has hard-wood throughout, but on top in most rooms is carpet... but we get to rip it right up!  It was custom built in the '50s, so it's a great quality house thats got a few wrinkles we have to smooth out.  Ok... I'll walk you through. 
To the right is part of the front of the house.  It is a little bit bigger than this picture would suggest... for example, from this angle, it doesn't look like a 2 car garage... but it is.


 This is the living room/dining room.  Under the carpet is awesome wood floors.
 This is the entry into the kitchen/dinette area from the big ole' dining room/living room combo.  I wish I had endless money because I would deck out the kitchen... but details on that later.
  My absolute favorite part of this house.  The living room window.  You wanna know what I love about it?  I love that it isn't looking any house square in the face.  Its kind of our own world, but obviously not really, but we don't have loo













No comments: