Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Easter rehash

I'm delayed. 3 weeks late. My apologies.

Here's what we did for Easter!



I made these! I have two little ones, but two of our nephews were coming over for Easter dinner, so I wanted to make something special for them!  These are inspired by this pin  and I tweaked it a little bit to add the bow for the boy's bunnies and then the little flower I made for Cleo's bunny.  I cut out the pattern, embroidered the faces, sewed together (for the girl bunny, I put the seams inside. A happy accident of sorts).  After I made the bows and flower, I attached with a quick stitch and then filled with goodies!  Easy peasy Easter ... squeezy?


I also tried the THIS PIN, but did it in more of a tie-dyed effect.  I accidentally peeled too much egg off when I was taking the shell off.  It would have looked really cool otherwise!

This is my son's basket.  I got a few things at the dollar store, a few items off the clearance rack a few months ago and there you have it!  Underneath the items at the top of the basket is a huge box of sidewalk chalk. Funny story.  We've had the sidewalk chalk for about 2-3 years.  I think I've given it to him at least 3 times as a present and he thinks it's new every time.  It just never gets used.  Instead of filling my house up with more stuff that will go unused, pretend the old stuff is new!  Yay!!!


We did an Easter egg hunt.  A tradition my husband grew up doing was that his dad would put random change in the plastic eggs and then you would add it all up to see who got the most.  Math!  We also did a Golden Egg!  I was thinking of putting $20 is the Golden Egg, but then I realized that the kids would get JUST as much excitement out of $1 than they would $20.  One dollar it is.


P.S.


No comments: