Thursday, April 25, 2013

Today

I'm still not so sure how I feel about it, but in general, it sucked.  And I'm not talking like, illness, death in the family, tree crashed in to our house kind of suck.  I'm talking about one of those days where you keep accidentally injuring yourself, literally. And where your 5 month old is mad at you and won't sleep or nurse. And your 7 year old is mad at you and won't do his homework or keep his crap off the floor.  And somehow all those Oreos that were just in front of you have disappeared and you have no recollection of actually eating them.  And you make sucky spaghetti for dinner because you don't want to cook anymore and you eat a ton of the crappy spaghetti and then you feel like crap.
That was my day. in a nutshell.

I am not normally a complainer, but today I feel as if I have utterly failed as a mom and wife.  Horrible.

But my little baby and my big baby and my furry babies are all sound asleep. And my husband is happily watching the NFL draft.  And I crocheted a purple bow for my bff's baby due in July.  and I get to see my out-of-town sister on Saturday. And see another bestie's newborn baby boy on Sunday.
Life is decent.
Life is good.

Good thing tomorrow is only a few hours away.  I need a new start.


Promise to not eat any more Oreos.

No comments: