Monday, April 22, 2013

Easy Baby Gifts Part 2





Little Miss Cleo

This is my beautiful girl!  

She's wearing a hat I made!  and this is the tutorial I used!  This hat took about an hour to make.  I'd say that's a success!  The nursery's colors are a greyish brown, white and coral.  I used Sugar 'N Cream from Lily in a Coral color.  Cute! Cute! Cute!


For Christmas, I made my newest nephew, Kip, a big fun quilt!  It's actually my first quilt ever so I am really quite pleased with the outcome!  I used 2 of the smaller "jelly rolls" of fabric that were on clearance at Wal-mart. I love the jelly rolls because you don't need to coordinate yourself and they're pre-cut!  I did the "Jelly Roll Race" brought on by this post from the Missouri Quilt Company.   




I backed it with denim so my sister could lay it where ever she wanted without fear of stains!  I quilted it in a diamond pattern. I also did the self-binding from the tutorial on this pin.  Pretty basic sewing and muuuuuch faster than binding it (and I'm only speaking out of trying to bind once, when I made a t-shirt lap quilt so long ago).  I'll definitely be repeating.



I made this doll for my niece for Christmas 2 years ago.  She named her Maria.  An odd name for a red head, but it'll do.  I used a doll pattern from Martha Stewart back when you had to get an invite to join Pinterest.  I don't have the link, but it it's very simple.  Make legs, arms and a head then sew with right sides together using the dress.  Leave a small opening to flip right side out.  Stuff with poly-fil. Finish off with hair, face and whatever else! You can see the pieces in an earlier post.  


I'll have to continue later!  I've got a baby to cuddle with post nap.  best. time. ever.



No comments: