Sunday, October 3, 2010

October is here...?

Where did September go? Wrapped up in the madness, I'm sure.

September tends to be a month of slow and steady transition. We transitioned in to Jonah's first year of school, Dave's LAST year of school and we also got a new addition to the house!

We have welcomed Annie in to our home, and what a blessing she is! She turned 18 on Sept 30th(just last week), but she's been with us for a little over a month now. Annie needed a home where she could grow and learn and progress and we are all more than happy to have her in ours. She's like a sister to me, and a great one at that. Annie is in her last year of high school, so we're working on SAT's and ACT's and college applications. Never thought I'd have to do that so soon, but it sure is fun seeing how much College (and being a "grown-up") has really taught me. I can actually put together full sentences, which I am sure every teen has trouble doing.

Activities in September? Of course! I would love to share pictures(because the pictures help me remember what we did!), but I can't because I seemed to have lost my camera cord... I've searched high and low, but not IN yet. That will be my next excursion.

We also have a new nephew! His name is Joseph Ryan Angel. He was born on 9/14. We went and saw him in Cinci after he was born. He is still in the NICU, but as soon as he is out I'll be able to take pictures of him. I am so happy to have another litt boy on dave's side. That's two new nephews this year!!! How exciting!

October has already been a bustle of excitement! One of my very best friends, Annie Ryan (not 18yr old Annie) got married! For the Second time! In a good way! How, you ask? Well, the first marriage was in her parents back yard with 3 days notice because her soon-to-be hubby was leaving for his second deployment. And instead of sitting around not knowing anything while he's away becayse they can't tell anything to someone who's not a spouse or blood related, they decided to get espoused, and only a few days to honeymoon before he lefts for his tour of duty in Afghanistan. This second time around was a Church wedding, and a beautiful one. They were married at Corpus Christi catholic church in Dayton, Oh as a Christian marriage, as her hubby grew up Seventh Day adventist.

It was a beautiful ceremony, in which my son and I got to play a part. He was a handsome ring bearer who took his job in all seriousness. I got to do a reading that was full of traditional humor and terms like, "my lover is like a gazelle!" My son did a fantastic job. In the hours prior to the event, he even said, "Mommom, I really want to take dose rings down nere to da guy, but really, I just wanna go to dat place an DANCE!" We had fun doing both. The reception was at Carrillon Park. I, however, did not take a lot of pictures while here, because Annie and Todd's friends were professional photographers and their special gift to them is PICTURES, with full rights to them - how awesome is that?!

At any rate, it's October now and all the holiday festivities can begin! I am excited to start crafting for the holidays! Right

No comments: